Do you know that secondhand smoke is dangerous to your health as well as that of your household?
You may not have known how many adverse effects this could pose to your health and how much money it could take you to fix a health challenge arising from secondhand cigarette smoke.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC),
Secondhand smoke harms children and adults, and the only way to fully protect nonsmokers is to eliminate smoking in all homes, worksites, and public places.
And how do you protect nonsmokers in your family? The answer is simple – you need to make use of an air purifier. But is any air purifier enough to solve the problem?
No, of course! What you need is the best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal. That is the only guarantee you have to take care of the menace of cigarette smoke.
What Are The Effects Of Secondhand Smoke?
You may not understand why you need an air purifier for cigarette smoke removal until you know the negative effects of secondhand cigarette smoke on your health. However, in case you are still in doubt as to what it could cause, here are some of them:
In children, secondhand smoke can cause the following health problems:
- Frequent and more severe asthmatic attacks
- Respiratory tract infections like pneumonia and bronchitis
- Recurrent ear infections
- A higher risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- Respiratory tract problems such as sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
Its problems are not limited to children alone; they also affect adults. Some of the adult-related problems are:
- Increase incidence of lung cancer
- Increase in the number of heart diseases and heart disease deaths
What Type Of Air Purifier Should You Go For?
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, the level of air pollution indoor can be up to 5x more than what you have outside.
But if you smoke cigarettes, the level of contamination could even be worse. However, a good purifier for cigarette smoke removal can do a lot in helping you to improve the situation and minimize a number of irritants in the air.
When searching for air purifiers, therefore, it is advisable to go for purifiers that have a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate). It’s a program developed by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers to ensure that one can easily get the best air purifiers for home use.
The frequency of the filtering cycles is also important for air purifiers that should handle cigarette smoke and its odor. On the average, the filtering cycle of most purifiers is 10 minutes, though there can be variations with different models.
Interestingly, purifiers with faster filtering cycles can process more air within a short time. However, with faster cycles, you need to frequently change the filters also.
Best Air Purifier For Cigarette Smoke Removal
Having looked at the dangers of second hand smoke and having been informed that the best solution to overcoming the problems is to make use of smoke removal air purifier, we have gone ahead to research on the best smoke removal air purifiers.
We have mainly paid attention to those with HEPA, as they are the main ones recommended for best results. So, what do we have on our list?
That said, here are our recommended and best air filter to remove cigarette smoke:
1. Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, PlasmaWave and Odor Reducing Carbon Filter
This product comes with True-HEPA filter and can filter 99.97% of particles that are airborne – cigarette smoke, dust, pollen, pet dander, as well as other allergens that are as small as 0.3 microns.
Besides, Winix 5300-2 air purifier has 3 Stage cleaning, which makes it able to remove mold spores, cigarette odors, smoke, organic chemicals, pollen, dust and pet dander.
In addition, it has PlasmaWave, which acts as a permanent filter to make it easier to break down odor and other pollutants safely without any harmful ozone.
The Smart Sensor gauges the air, and the auto mode helps in regulating the fan to make it able to filter the air based on your requirement. It also has a sleep mode that makes it the ideal purifier for night-time use.
It is CADR rated for 360 sq. ft. This is why it is ideal for medium and large rooms, offices, kids’ bedrooms and baby nurseries.
- The filters can be washed and reused
- It can handle various types of air-borne particles
- It runs on turbo when you are away
- It’s quite silent to use at night
- It’s quite affordable
- You have to replace filters yearly
Our verdict: We highly recommend this product to you because it is tested and proven to work efficiently in removing smoke and other airborne particles. With 4.3 star rating out of 5, it shows how much customers trust it.
2. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Purifier with True HEPA Filter
This is another highly trusted air purifier that can help to get rid of the cigarette smoke in your room. Just like the first product, it comes with True HEPA filter with the capacity to capture 99.97% of dust and allergens that are as small as .3 microns. Such particles include pet dander, plant pollen, household dust and mold spores.
It has a Charcoal filter, which helps in lessening common odors from cooking, pets, and smoking. It employs UV-C light technology which works in combination with Titanium Dioxide to get rid of airborne viruses, bacteria, mold spores, and germs.
It is fitted with a 22-inch 3 speed tower which is suitable for medium sized rooms, and CADR rated 100+. It is safety certified by Intertek, a renowned testing laboratory
- It can filter different particles like viruses, bacteria, mold spores, germs, etc
- It has the power to kill bacteria and other microorganisms
- It is duly certified
- It is highly affordable even by an average income earner
- It is energy efficient and so can save cost
- It is lightweight at 10.8 pounds and easy to move around
- Customers pay shipping cost when product is returned
- The fan does not blow as much sometimes
- It only has limited warranty
Our verdict: This product is trusted by a lot of users who awarded it a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5. We recommend it to users who need positive result but are on a low budget.
3. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier with HEPA-OdorCell Filter to Reduce Allergies, Smoke & Pet Odors
If you are still in search of the best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal, it is advisable to look the way of Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier. This product is one of the best in the market.
It is recommended for living rooms, large rooms, and open concept rooms. It can cover up to 1,100 square feet. With the BreatheSmart and the HEPA-OdorCell Filter technology, it can purify the air in two times an hour thereby helping to minimize allergies, pet odors, and smoke.
The BreatheSmart can be customized to provide four different filter types to fit the changing air purification requirements. It equally comes with 15-panel color options to suit your home décor.
It has a SmartSensor that automatically detects and regulates itself to the changing air quality, thereby helping the filter to last longer. This product comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It can handle a larger space
- It gives you the option of matching the color with your home décor
- It automatically detects air changes and fixes whatever is wrong
- It comes with a lifetime warranty. You are covered throughout the life of the product
- It has a customer rating of 4.5 stars out of 5
- It is not noisy when compared with some of its counterparts
- The product is a bit pricey
- It is also heavy, at 26 pounds. This can be a little bit awkward to carry around
- It has no remote control, which means users have to manually go and regulate it whenever they need to.
Our verdict: Though the price is a bit on the high side, this product can be relied on any day to give you what you want. It has worked for a lot of customers, and it’s sure to work for you too. We highly recommend it.
Get any of this air purifier to remove cigarette smoke today and live a happy and healthier life.
Like we have rightly noted, second hand smoke is really dangerous to your health and to everyone else in your household. If you don’t know anything about it, it could eventually cost you your health.
One practical way to take care of the secondhand smoke and preserve your health is to make use of the best air purifier for cigarette smoke removal. It may look a bit expensive, but the price is worth it because of its numerous health benefits.
Get one for yourself today and stop exposing your family to unnecessary danger. All three products listed here are quite affordable, and any money invested in your health is money rightly invested.
Now, have you ever tried any second hand smoke air purifier before? Let us know in the comment section.