Best Vacuum Cleaners (For Pet Hair, Hardwood, Stairs & Tile Floors)
We are all faced with the challenge of getting the best vacuum cleaners to keep our homes in good shape. At times, getting the right one may pose a little challenge which may stem from not knowing what makes a good vacuum cleaner and what to look for in a vacuum cleaner.
Going from one local store to the other to sample the available vacuum cleaners in the market is a waste of time. Going through online stores will equally sap you of energy. That’s where we come in.
We have done the background work on your behalf to give you a detailed analysis of the best 10 vacuum cleaners you can choose from. The result of our painstaking efforts is documented in this buyer’s guide with the objective of simplifying your efforts to get the vacuum cleaner of your dream.
Best Vacuum Cleaners | Comparison Chart
A buyer's guide will not be complete without good comparison chart hence, we've also included a complete one here to enable you make a good buying decision.
This buyer’s guide will help you make the right choice as it provides a comprehensive vacuum cleaner reviews, delving into the features of each machine, including its pros and cons.
These are some of the best vacuum cleaners you can get for your domestic use:
Best Vacuum Cleaners Reviews 2017
Here’s a list of the best vacuum cleaners 2017, which we have chosen based on the factors we talked about earlier:
But before then, i wanted to show you a short video of a vacuum cleaner in action so you'll see how it works before making your purchasing decision. As you'll see in the video, this product is incredibly effective.
This vacuum cleaner is one of the best vacuum cleaners around with some attractive features. You can trust this robotic vacuum to do your home unattended.
It has an iAdapt 2.0 Navigation that is empowered with Visual Localization. The combination of these components makes it an efficient cleaning machine with the capability to clean your entire home. Additionally, It can run for 2 hours before automatically recharging itself to ensure that you can bank on the long lifespan of its battery to guarantee the complete cleaning of your home.
Even if you have more than a room to clean, rest assured your rooms are in good hands, and you have no reason to be afraid of collision or drop-offs. It has cliff-detection sensors which helps it to avoid dangerous drop-offs and stairs.
This vacuum cleaner also contains 3-Stage Cleaning System for effective cleaning without complains. No matter the floor type, you can depend on Roomba to automatically make the necessary adjustment to clean them all. It can clean tile, carpets, laminate floors, and hardwood as it moves from one part of your home to another cleaning the room in the process. No wonder it is considered the best vacuum for tile floors.
Interestingly, with the iRobot Home App, you can easily schedule the cleaning of your home and set your preferred cleaning custom by using your smartphone. This guarantees thorough cleaning seven times in a week.
It has a product dimension of 13.9 * 13.9 * 3.6 inches and weighs 8.7 pounds only.
Some of the other mouth-watering features of this product that made us to include it on this list of best vacuum cleaners include:
- If it runs out of power, it can automatically recharge itself and resume from where it stops without your intervention
- You can depend on its rechargeable 4 AA batteries for continuous use if there is temporary power outage
- Among the customers, this iRobot product is a popular one. It has a rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on the ratings of 780 customers
- The iRobot Roomba 980 is also designed to carpet boost your room as part of the demonstration of its efficiency
- It also has Carpet Boost and AeroForce Cleaning System which multiplies the air power of the vacuum cleaner on rugs and carpets by 10
- Both debris and hair jams are prevented with its extractors that are tangle-free, sparing you the stress of having to deal with those disturbing jams
- It also comes with an expanded entire level coverage
- If you have some pet at home, cleaning them is easy with this cleaner that is ideal for pet hair. It is an effective cleaner with the ability to vacuum up everything on the pet without missing an inch
- Wi-fi connection is another important feature of the vacuum cleaner
Below are the pros and cons of this vacuum cleaner:
- Easy navigation around the home
- Auto recharge
- You can schedule your cleaning to whenever is convenient for you
- The extractors are free of tangles
- It is an efficient vacuum cleaner
- It is a bit noisy, although not as much as a standard upright vacuum
- Due to some internal problems, the vacuum may find it difficult to find its way back to the docking station, no matter the distance between it and the station
- It possesses some glitches that require updated firmware to correct
- Compared to human, it is relatively slow
- It is relatively expensive
This is another iRobot vacuum cleaner with some similar features to one above with some distinct features too. The Roomba 860 is a bagless vacuum cleaner with a lot of amazing attributes.
The cleaner comes with an iRobot Home App that makes scheduling and setting the cleaning you technique you prefer via your smartphone.
It also has the trademark Carpet Boost and AeroForce Cleaning System for boosting the air power of the cleaner on both rugs and carpets for improved efficiency by automatically increasing the performance of the vacuum cleaner on rugs and carpet, the likely hideouts of dirt and dust.
With this vacuum cleaner, you can clean a complete level of your home with its visual localization and iAdapt 2.0 navigation. This system allows the Roomba 980 to use a high-efficiency technique and a complete suite of sensors to navigate around furniture and clutter.
Furthermore, It automatically recharges itself and stops from where it stops to make sure it completes its work. Roomba 980 can run continuously for about two hours before recharging automatically to resume its cleaning.
This product also extractors are tangle free for the prevention of debris and hair jams. It also recharges automatically to resume cleaning after draining the battery.
Other features you can use that make this vacuum cleaner thick are the Hepa Filter, Dock Station, 2 Dual-mode Virtual Wall Barriers with batteries. It also comes with instruction manual for ease of operation.
While you may entertain the fear of debris and hair jams, the vacuum cleaner is equipped with some extractors that are tangle-free to prevent such a dangerous jam and ensure that the Roomba can easily tackle any dirt build-up.
Other wonderful attributes that qualified this product to be among the best vacuum cleaners are:
- It can be preset to automatically clean your home every day of the week
- You can count on its cliff-detection sensors to allow the cleaner avoid falling off from stairs and other dangerous potential drop-offs
- The cleaner may need occasional recharging. Don’t bother yourself about that because it can easily find its way to the docking station to recharge without your assistance
- With a rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars, you can’t take away from the high performance of this cleaner
- Since there are different objects in the home, the cleaner automatically adjusts itself to clean tile, carpets, laminate floors, and hardwood as it moves from one part of your home to the other
- You can present it for efficient cleaning seven times a week for an automatic cleaning of the home any time in within the week
The pros and cons of this vacuum cleaner are:
- High rating among users
- Automatic presetting for future cleaning
- Auto recharging
- It is versatile
- Its ease of navigation makes it easy for the cleaner to perform its task easily
- Docking may sometimes be difficult for it
- The price is a bit high
This is another efficient vacuum cleaner from iRobot with some amazing features. This device ranks among the best vacuum cleaners from iRobot because of is enormous features as we shall be discussing below.
The iRobot Roomba 960 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner can run for 75 minutes on battery before draining. It then recharges automatically and starts its cleaning to ensure the completion of the assigned task. That's not all, for ease of navigation, and to ensure that your home is completely rid of dirt, it is fitted with visual localization and iAdapt 2.0 navigation which you can use to your own advantage.
You can get the best from this vacuum cleaner because the cleaning is improved with AeroForce 3-Stage Cleaning System which combines brushing, agitation, suction for thorough cleaning of your home
Good enough, it also contains a spinning side brush that ensures a gentle cleaning of your wall edges and the corners of your rooms. Its scheduling feature guarantees the convenient presetting of the device to vacuum your home 7 times per week.
Any damage from debris and hair jams is prevented with another feature of the cleaner, the extractors that cannot be tangled. This will always be a bonus that prevents you from dealing with jams regularly.
Other good features of this product are:
- You have absolute control over the assigned cleaning area with the dual mode virtual wall technology that supports the device
- You can schedule how the cleaning should be done through your smartphone by taking advantage of the iRobot HOME app.
- You don’t need a comprehensive tutorial to operate this vacuum cleaner, just press clean and it starts working immediately
- The manufacturer of the device used the low profile design concept to make it the ideal cleaner for under sofas, kick boards and beds
Below are the pros and cons of this product.
- It is very easy to operate
- Scheduled cleaning is possible
- The Roomba cleaner is versatile
- It can easily navigate through your room during cleaning
- A tangle-free extractor reduces your maintenance workload
- It doesn’t seem to perform well with area rugs
- Finding its dock station can be a bit difficult for it
- The dust tray can fill up very fast and cleaning it is challenging
- The price is a bit on the high side
You may sometimes need a versatile vacuum cleaner to keep different parts of your home in a perfect condition. This is one of the best vacuum cleaners for cleaning all types of floors that you can choose from.
It docks automatically and recharges itself for enough power to continue cleaning, that makes it a useful tool you can use to the maximum to rid your home of embarrassing humidity.
By simply pressing CLEAN, the vacuum cleaner will automatically start cleaning. On the other hand, you can schedule a week of cleaning which the cleaner will follow to the letter.
It is well-designed to easily clean different floor types such as laminate, tile, carpet, hardwood, and more.
Your floor will be cleaned effortlessly by the 3-Stage Cleaning System of the cleaner which you can adapt to your need at any time. This system is responsible for the ability of the device to easily remove pet hair, pick up dusts, and remove some large debris such as cereal from your room
Other features are:
- You can preset the cleaner to clean your home at the specified time. This will help you clear the mess in your home whenever you want
- Navigating around the house is possible due to the presence of Adapt Navigation in the vacuum cleaner. This makes the cleaning work of the robot very easy.
- As another member of the iRobot group, it is designed to clean some difficult places like under the sofa and other related hard-to-reach areas of your home
- Can clean difficult places in the home
- You will find it easy to operate
- It has the ability to auto recharge
- Cleaning your home any day of the week is possible by taking advantage of the presetting system
- It's a 3-Stage Cleaning System makes it an efficient machine that can be trusted to keep the home in a good condition always
- It is quite affordable
- You may get “Error 5” while charging
- It may find it difficult to get back to its docking station for recharging
- It doesn’t do well with area rugs
- Navigating through a room with lots of furniture is difficult for it
You can trust a vacuum cleaner with a rating of 4.4 rating out of 5 stars from over 4,100 people
If you want one of the best and most efficient vacuum cleaners, this cleaner is your answer. The award-winning Robot vacuum cleaner is considered the most powerful and versatile solution for getting your home automatically vacuumed every day.
This efficient cleaner is D-Shaped and is powered by Corner Clever technology. This gives the cleaner the ability to clean the difficult areas of your home such as corners and areas close to walls without undue collision with furniture or the walls.
Interestingly, it is also powered by Li-ion, a long lasting battery that guarantees continuous use without power issues.
For ultimate control of the cleaner, it is connected to Wi-Fi. It also has a Neato app for efficient cleaning of the floor irrespective of your location and will notify you on the go so that you can always be in control of the cleaner regardless of your location.
Detection is done by using real-time technology and LaserSmart mapping. Rather than jumping around the room, the cleaner scans the room and maps it before using the information to plan the cleaning method that is appropriate and methodically follow it.
The Neato-Bovac vacuum cleaner has two different modes-Eco and Turbo you can choose from. The Eco mode supports a longer and quieter cleaning that is energy efficient. The Turbo, on the other hand, offers you a super-powered cleaning that leads to the best hair pickup.
Some other awesome features are:
- It comes with two different modes, Turbo and Eco. The Eco mode offers the option of having an energy-saving clean that is quiet and longer than normal
- The cleaner guarantees you an immaculate cleaning with its precision brushes and potent suction
- Identify obstacles and avoiding them is relatively easy with its navigation that is assisted with laser. This allows the gadget to easily move across a room and dodging furniture as it cleans the room
- This cleaner comes in two charger voltages, 110V and 220V, for storing power in the device for future use
- Its versatility and awesome features make it one of the best vacuum cleaners out there according to experts
- It is good for homes with allergies and pet hairs
- It can store power for later use
- It cleans faster than the 980 model
- Its navigation is good, although not perfect
- It offers you to rid some difficult places in your home of debris and dirt with its navigation system
- The cleaner is not as noisy as some others
- Two different modes give you liberty to make a good choice based on your preference
- You can rest assure of daily vacuuming by leverage its presetting system
- The price is a bit on the high side
- It doesn’t have auto carpet boos
- It may get stuck in very tight places
- You can’t alter its speed to speed up the cleaning process
This is a reliable vacuum cleaner from another giant in the vacuum cleaner industry. The iLife A4 robot vacuum cleaner is a high-performance robot with some unique features that support its efficiency.
The vacuum model can work for up to 2 hours with its powerful battery that doesn’t fade. Also, It's IR sensors are designed to help it detect high places to avoid accidental dropping, a foresight considering the danger to the cleaner that will be prevented with the sensors.
This product is the best for cleaning cement, undercoat carpet, wooden floor, and the rest. It is one of the best value vacuums. It can be timed for automatic cleaning. This function allows you to set it for cleaning in the future without your input.
The ILIFE A4 Robot Vacuum Cleaner is very easy to program your cleaning schedule with the assurance that the machine will do exactly what it is designed to do at the scheduled time.
It's sensors are tangle-free which prevents dropping off or getting stuck. This is part of the efforts to make this motorized vacuum cleaner with lower profile body very efficient. Additionally, the A4 can pick dirt conveniently and effortlessly because of its advanced powerful motor which is fixed with Max mod.
Other amazing features of this vacuum cleaner include:
- It has an anti-collision system that prevents it from colliding with objects in the home, reducing your maintenance cost of the cleaner
- You can control it from a distance by using the remote control with LCD display that will make operating it simple
- It can be charged manually or automatically by taking advantage of its tow charging modes
- It can automatically dock and recharge itself in case of unexpected power failure
- You can give your carpet the best cleaning by using the A4 robot that comes with a portable dehumidifier
- It doesn’t do well with rugs although it is great with hard floors
- It is not as noiseless as some of its contemporaries
- The bin for dirt collection is tiny
- Different charging options makes it a good option for you since you can effortlessly use the charging method that is convenient for you
- Its versatility makes it useful for different floor types
- The battery may decline at an alarming rate after a couple of months
- It occasionally gets stuck
Hair is one of the most manufacturers of vacuum cleaners. The robot vacuum cleaner comes with some attributes that give it a befitting place among the best 10 vacuum cleaners presently in the market.
It is designed for high performance with its power suction that can pick up dirt, dust, and pet hair efficiently and easily.
You can choose from its five different modes (Auto/Spot/Edge/Scheduling/Plan) according to the cleaning methods that fits into your plan.
In the case of insufficient power, it automatically docks for recharging, after which it continues with its task.
Another important feature of the cleaner is its water tank that makes sweeping, vacuuming, and wet mopping achievable for the machine on a single step. Pushing just a button is all that you need to operate this machine and the machine will respond immediately to rid your home of any dirt or dust.
Other features are:
- This cleaner is so versatile that it suitable for cement, floor, undercoat carpet, ceramic tile, and the likes
- It doesn’t require a comprehensive maintenance routine. It can easily be maintained by following some maintenance instructions outlined in the user’s manual that accompanies it
- Easy to use
- It is affordable
- It can auto charge itself
- Thorough cleaning of your home is guaranteed
- Occasionally, it fails to return to its charging station
- It also gets stuck under chairs or on rugs while working
If you have some pets and home and are concerned about keeping them in a good shape, consider adding the bObi Pet Robotic to your gadgets.
This vacuum cleaner is reputed to be the strongest and best model from the Canadian manufacturer with the ability to vacuum, disinfect, mop, filter, and sweep your home simultaneously. This achievement is connected to the amazing attributes of this wonderful vacuum cleaner.
It is the ideal vacuum cleaner for getting rid of animal paw prints and pet’s hair because of its special design to handle such cleaning.
If there are HEPA filtrates, the robot will handle it efficiently by sweeping and mopping it. It will also sterilize the filtrates with UV after vacuuming it. Also, It can be washed without any damage to the cleaner.
The inclusion of a supercharged motor and a battery with long lifespan makes it a reliable cleaner with the ability to vacuum-clean a home completely. It is also equipped with a digital barrier of bObi block. You can count on its strong suction to remove dirt and fur, regardless of where they are hiding.
Some other accessories of the cleaner are mainbrushes, Maintenance and Syching tools, owner’s manual, remote control, Quick Start Guide, XAMPlified battery, a dustbin, and a Warrant Card.
Other interesting features of this vacuum cleaner are:
- It is a lightweight vacuum cleaner with a powerful technology behind it
- It has more than 80 obstacle sensors with a touchscreen surface for detecting and avoiding obstacles and drop-offs
- With a dimension of 12.6 x 12.6 x 3.4 inches, it is packed with the right components and accessories
- It is cheap
- It is a low-maintenance vacuum cleaner
- It is not heavy, but compact
- The long-lasting batteries that accompany it will give you a backup in times of unexpected power outage
- It sometimes have difficulty docking
- It is not as noiseless as some vacuum cleaners
- The sensors could be improved
- It sometimes get stuck under chairs
- Its mopping ability is not the best
Unleashing this monster in your home will give you its 5-in-1 cleaning powers which will turn the mess in your home around, giving it an immaculate look.
9. Eufy RoboVac 11, High Suction, Self-Charging Robotic Vacuum Cleaner with Drop-Sensing Technology and HEPA Style Filter for Pet Fur, Allergens, Hard Floor and Thin Carpet
This cleaner offers you the best cleaning experience. It is an innovative decided backed up by a smart technology to make your life fun and easy. You stand to enjoy these features of the best vacuum cleaners for hardwood floors:
All you need to put this machine to work is just a click. Its cleaning mode is versatile to accommodate all forms of cleaning methods. Its design is low-profile to make cleaning some difficulty areas of the home such as under the chairs and tables and some other places very easy.
This vacuum cleaner depends on its high-capacity battery from Li-ion that can offer over 180 minutes of power for effective suction.
Its cleaning system is made up of three systems which are a rolling brush, some side brushes, and a powerful suction. This is responsible for the efficient performance of the cleaner
This cleaner also has some premium features which include a glass cover protection that is anti-scratch, an infrared sensor that makes evading obstacles possible, a drop sensing technology for the prevention of accidental falls. The battery is also programmed to recharge automatically.
A remote control for the control of the machine from a distance is also part of the cleaner. This remote control is powered by 2 batteries that are not included as part of the package.
Other remarkable features of this vacuum cleaner are:
- It can hold dust more than most vacuum cleaners due to its dust holder that is 30% larger than others. As a result, a better cleaning is guaranteed
- It has a 3-Point Cleaning System consisting a rolling brush, some side brushes, and a powerful suction to ensure that the cleaning is thorough
- Others are a filter, a cleaning tool, a charging base, an AC power adapter, four side brushes, and a warranty
- It is lightweight and the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair, weighing only 6.66 pounds.
- It is not heavy
- Can be controlled remotely
- A good 3-Stage Cleaning System for the best cleaning experience
- Can hold more dirt than other devices
- A reliable battery is another bonus for the product
- It has a compact shape that makes carrying it easy
- It is affordable
- It gets stuck occasionally
- The sensors can easily be covered by hair, thus affecting its performance
- It is not the best for cleaning wall edges
- The cleaning pattern is nothing to write home about
For the best performance, don’t use it more than once daily. It is not suitable for use with dark-colored doors and high-pile carpets. Rather, its use should be restricted to tile, low-pile carpets, and hardwood floors only.
The ECOVACS vacuum cleaner has versatility as its watchword. You can’t resist the amazing features of this powerful robot.
The robot is tangle-free and has a powerful suction for removing debris, hair, and dirt without hitches. This makes it the ideal cleaner for you if you have pets at home.
As it performs its tasks, the machine may move from floor to floor, cross door sills of about 16mm and climb inclines. This may prove difficult for the machine. To make it easy, the machine is equipped with infrared sensors that is useful in avoiding furniture and stairs and thus avoid being damaged.
Its battery can serve this machine for almost 2 hours while working. This allows you to have enough time and power for completing your task.
This robot requires little intervention from the owner. It comes with an automatic charging system as well as automatic docking. Except if the charging dock is some distance away, the cleaner can take care of itself.
It is ideal for cleaning hard floors such as wood floor. The machine is designed to leave no scratch on your floor while cleaning as it has rubber wheels that are soft and cannot leave any mark on the floor. To make movement easy, it has a well-designed top handle.
The battery comes with a 6-month warranty while the robot itself is covered by one year limited warranty by the manufacturers.
You can also take advantage of its different cleaning modes such as Spot, Auto, or Edge. It also comes with another feature that makes sweeping and vacuuming floor done simultaneously. If you want to clean a small space, you can use its wet mop.
- It can easily be carried with a handle
- A battery with 6 months warranty
- Long-lasting battery
- Tangle-free extractor
- It is easy to operate and maintain
- Can be placed an auto for later cleaning assignment
- It is a bit noisy
- It is not the best performer on a wet area
- It can get stuck on some borders and bumps
- The mop is not impressive
Best Vacuum Cleaners (Buyer's Guide)
To keep your home clean and in good condition always, you need one of these top-quality vacuum cleaners. You can do yourself a lot of justice by using this review as your user guide when deciding the appropriate vacuum cleaner for you domestic need. That’s a way you can get what is ideal for you, not what is available in the market as buying without a good understanding will be a waste of time and money.
Before buying a vacuum cleaner, consider some of the important factors that are discussed in this review.
Efficiency: Check on the efficiency of the product and its ability to vacuum clean difficult places. If the cleaner is able to handle its job efficiently, then consider buying it.
Durability: Does the product last long or it’s just a piece of trash that only last a couple of weeks and then becomes unusable? Having invested some money in a product, the customer should have value for his money. Any vacuum cleaner that breaks down too quickly is not worth it.
Maintenance cost: Is this product easy to maintain or does it cost a fortune to do so? A product that does not end up sapping your resources on maintenance cost should be given consideration.
Ease of use: How easy is this product to use? Convenience is a factor that must be considered. Therefore, if a product seems complex or difficult to use it should be avoided. In buying a vacuum cleaner, go for a product that’s easy to operate.
You can also put the customer’s review into consideration. Going through such reviews may open your eyes to what we accidentally omitted in this article or what we cannot fully explain due to the scope of the article.
Have you used any of these vacuum cleaners before? Or are you still using it? If yes, what’s your experience? What practical suggestions can you offer to make people derive the best benefits from using them? This will go a long way in helping others to have a humidity-free home, thus contributing to a healthy world.
If you have some suggestions for us too, you can take advantage of the comment section to air your view. We appreciate any effort you can contribute to making this informative to others.
Of course, don’t forget to share this informative review of the best vacuum cleaners with your friends, colleagues, and family. The information may spare some people the agony of getting a cleaner that won’t meet their needs.