Best Convection Microwave Ovens of All Time
Last Updated on
Do you feel stressed up while cooking? I’m a single mom, and I know how tiresome we feel most times cooking manually. However, a convection microwave oven is a life-saver if you always see cooking as a task.
With a convection microwave oven, cooking isn’t a task anymore; it becomes a fun thing to do. You can cook a wide range of recipes and food items quickly and conveniently.
Furthermore, a convection microwave oven saves time and energy; moreover, with the new time-saving shortcuts and smart technologies, you can press a button, and your meal will be ready in minutes without a manual assistant.
No kitchen appliances can retain food’s texture and nutrients better than a convection microwave oven. It is the best tool for healthy cooking.
Your kitchen might have a great look, but without a convection microwave oven, your kitchen seems outdated.
A recent MMO survey found that:
Trust me you don’t want to be left out! For this reason, we covered all you need to know about the convection microwave oven from start to finish.
- Read Also: Best Cappuccino Machine for Home Use
Best Convection Microwave Ovens
|Panasonic Compact Microwave Oven with 1200 Watts of Cooking Power||29.2 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Top||Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Convection Function||44.8 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large 0.9 cu ft, 800-Watt Countertop Microwave Oven||30.7 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven with Grill||38 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|COMFEE' EM720CPL-PM Countertop Microwave Oven||20.3 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Emerson ER105002 1.6 cu. ft. 1000W, Sensor Cooking Touch Control, Counter Top Microwave Oven||37 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Black + Decker 0.7 Cubic Foot 700 Watt Stainless Steel Microwave with Turntable||23 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Farberware FMO13AHTPLE 1.3 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor||33.7 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
|Farberware FMWO11AHTBKB 1.1 Cu. Ft. 1000-Watt Microwave Oven, Stainless Steel||25.8 pounds||Prime||Check Price|
What is a Convection Microwave Oven?
Basically, a convection microwave oven combines both a standard microwave oven and a convection oven.
It’s a microwave oven that has a fan to circulate heatwaves efficiently for faster cooking and baking. Also, a convection microwave oven can grill, roast, brown, bake, and crisp meals.
Are Convection Microwaves Worth It?
How is a Convection Microwave Better Than a Standard Microwave?
The features that really set convection microwave apart from a standard microwave is the cooking methods and cooking time. Let’s take a quick analysis below;
1. Cooking Time
Between convection and standard microwave, the convection microwave cooks meal x3 faster than a standard microwave. This is due to the appliance cooking method of hot air, forced by the fan.
Also, it retains food nutrients. Research has proved that the heating techniques a convection microwave ovens use preserves more food nutrients compared to a standard microwave.
2. Versatile Functionalities
A convection microwave oven has many functionalities compared to a standard microwave oven. You can grill, roast, brown, bake, and crisp meals.
A convection microwave can perfectly and seamlessly cook a wide range of food items and challenging recipe prep.
Best Convection Microwave Oven Reviews
Now, let’s go ahead and review all the convection microwaves that are super reliable and durable:
1. PANASONIC Compact Microwave Oven, Sensor Cooker
- MICROWAVE COOKING MADE EASY - Space-saving, 1.2 cu.ft. 1200W sleek black countertop oven with 11 power levels, smart controls and LED, 3-level popcorn button, 13.4 in. turntable, easy-clean interior, auto and manual controls
- INVERTER TECHNOLOGY - Generates a seamless stream of microwave cooking power for evenly heated foods edges to center
- SMART COOKING SETTINGS WITH GENIUS SENSOR - Automatically adjusts power and times to take the guesswork out of everyday cooking; includes 10 Sensor Cook settings; Sensor Reheat warms evenly to retain nutrients and texture in leftovers
- INVERTER TURBO DEFROST - For all your frozen foods, Turbo Defrost accelerates defrosting time to thaw more quickly and thoroughly for more flavorful foods
- 3-LEVEL POPCORN BUTTON - Popcorn lovers can choose the optimal popping temperature and time for different microwave bag capacities (3.2, 2.7, or 1.5 oz.) for hot, sumptuous snacking
One thing with the PANASONIC Compact Microwave Oven is it has a smart, sleek and versatile cooking prowess. When I first bought this appliance, I knew I had gotten something tangible.
I enjoyed the power, convenience speed, and evenly cooking system using Panasonic.
Not alone can you enjoy such features, but also, sensor reheat, and 15 sensor cook setting. The microwave cooking is made easy. It’s space-saving; a 1.2 cubic that features 1200Watts power capacity.
Also, the Panasonic is sleek black in design with 11 power levels, a 3-level popcorn button, auto/manual controls, and a smart digital LED display.
You can cook smartly with the genius sensor, as it automatically adjusts power. Furthermore, you have ten sensor cook setting, with sensor reheat warms that retain food texture and nutrients.
2. Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Convection Function Smart Sensor and LED Lighting
- Use microwave or convection cooking all in one appliance
- Sensor cooking and reheating functions
- Auto menu for roasting, baking, defrosting; Rated Input Power(Convection): 1400W
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 21. 8 x 21. 5 x 13. 0 inch(w*d*h), large 1. 5 cubic feet capacity, cavity 15. 5*15. 35*10. 2 inch(w*d*h), turn table 13. 6 inch(diameter)
- Stainless steel Easy to clean interior
Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven is a healthy combination of both microwave and convection oven settings that permits you to reheat, bake, or cook meals using either function, with rated convection of 1400W.
This product has a black stainless steel exterior, also, with a stainless steel interior –that is both easy to clean.
It is a versatile appliance that uses sensitive and reheating functions. For most of us who love eating fast food, using the microwave is very convenient.
Do you want to bake something by not turning on the oven? The Toshiba EC042A5C-BS has the ultimate versatility you need. Moreover, it does the job as you would expect.
You can mute the buzzer of the microwave, by simply press-holding the “8” button for 2-5 seconds. On the other hand, the bell will automatically switch off after a long beep.
Additionally, you can cook or defrost meals. You can as well, use the Time-Cook technology and choose from power convention level 1-10.
- Read Also: Best Outdoor Solar Lights
3. Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large 0.9 cubic
- 800-Watts cooking power: at 0. 9 cubic foot, This microwave provides the cooking power needed to quickly cook and reheat foods
- Convenient cooking Controls: 12 pre-programmed cooking settings, delay timer and express cooking provide options for the optimal heating of popular foods like popcorn, pizza, potatoes, veggies and more
- Digital clock: easy-to-read LED display lights up the digital clock and highlights each cooking setting
- Even cooking: rotating glass carousel helps cook food evenly
- Retro accents: a sleek chrome door handle, control panel and accents add fun and flair to this unique retro-styled appliance
The Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large 0.9 cubic provides a spacious cooking cavity that fits any standard sized plate. You have various pre-programmed cooking options you needed to get your meal on the table.
This product is vast on features but compact. You have five power levels with about 800-Watts at 0.9 cubic foot capacity, perfect to cook and reheat leftovers or cooking food faster.
The Nostalgia RMO4AQ has 12-pre-programmed cooking settings, express and delay timer cooking for optimal heating of your favorite dishes.
Furthermore, with a smart LED light that displays the digital clock, and help highlights each cooking settings makes usability simple.
In terms of exteriors, the product features a sleek chrome door handle, control accents, and panel. The Nostalgia RMO4AQ Retro Large 0.9 cubic is a beauteous appliance with a smooth and easy navigate cooking setting.
4. Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2-Cubic-Foot Convection Microwave Oven
- 1.2-cubic-foot capacity, 1000 watts
- Brushed stainless with embossed Cuisinart logo and dark tinted glass window
- Stainless steel interior absorbs no odors and is easy to sanitize, Rotating 12-Inch glass tray, Reversible grill rack
- Touchpad controls with LCD, Two convenient defrost functions to defrost food by weight or time, Convection bake or roast with and without microwave function
- Instruction and recipe book included, BPA Free
Cook your meals like a gourmet chef! The Cuisinart CMW-200 1.2 is the ideal appliance you need. It has versatile options of 9 preset functionalities, which is capable of preparing Popcorn, beverage, fresh/frozen vegetable, cake, pizza roast chicken, and potato.
Besides, the convection microwave oven features eight functions for all cooking needs such as Fast-convection bake, keep warm, memory, defrost, microwave, convection roast, grill/combo, and convection.
Cuisinart presents a countertop oven perfect in size, style, and smartness, with a 1.2-cubic-foot capacity/1000W.
The product is style with embossed Cuisinart logo brushed stainless and tinted glass window, moreover, having a stainless steel interior that doesn’t absorb odors.
Also, it has a reversible grill rack, rotating 12-inch glass tray that is easy to sanitize.
Aside from that, you have a 3-year limited warranty, included with instruction and recipe book.
5. COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PM Countertop Microwave Oven | Cheap Microwave Oven
- Express one touch cooking for one to six minutes and +30 second button
- 700 watts with 11 power settings, clock and kitchen timer
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, eco mode, interior light, removable glass turntable and mute button
- Compact size (W*D*H): 17.3" x 13" x 10.2",Internal dimensions: 12.05" x 11.97" x 8.11" (W*D*H)
- One year Limited warranty
COMFEE’ presents yet another trustworthy product. The COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PM Countertop Microwave Oven is a better-built appliance that adds convenience and enhances the cooking experience in your kitchen.
The model is known for high-quality production and customer satisfaction. With the COMFEE’ EM720CPL-PM in your kitchen, cooking becomes a thing of joy, as you have multiple cooking options within your grasp.
That said, you can conveniently defrost, reheat, or cook food with the compact microwave. The cooking options include pre-programmed cooking, one-touch express cooking, time/power level cooking. Moreover, you can defrost frozen meals by time or weight.
One of the most refreshing qualities this product has is user-friendly features. Press the sound on/off button to turn off all the microwave beeps. Moreover, the child safety lock keeps the microwave away from curious operations.
Also, you can use the lock function to prevent others from using the microwave.
This appliance quickly and perfectly cooks the six most popular microwaved foods with the help of 700Watts cooking capacity, 11 power settings, kitchen, and clock timer.
Lastly, other features are an easy-to-read control panel, interior light, mute/removable glass turntable button, eco mode, and Large LED digital display.
- Recommended: Best Handheld Vacuums for Pet Hair
6. Emerson ER105002 1.6 cubic. | Best Convection Microwave Oven
- Microwave Output Power: 1000 Watts 1.6 cu. ft. of Cooking Space
- Sensor cook technology monitors your food to determine exactly when your food is ready
- 10 Microwave Power Level, 6 Pre-programmed Recipes
- Time and Weight Defrost
- Removable Glass Turntable for Complete, Even Cooking
Emerson ER105002 1.6 cubic is a countertop microwave oven that features 1000Watts 1.6 cubic power capacity, large cooking space, sensor cooking monitor that ensures exactly when your meal is ready.
Furthermore, this is a smart and compact appliance with WxDxH: 21.7”x19.0”x13.0 unit dimensions. Also, Emerson ER105002 features ten microwaves power level and six pre-programmed Recipes.
It provides smart cook technology. A simple touch button and your meal will be ready according to the preset power levels. Meanwhile, you have the time, and weight defrost.
Enter the weight of the meal, and the oven will automatically set the optimal defrosting power/time level. On the other hand, you can set the time for defrosting yourself.
Additionally, the removable glass turntable offers complete, even cooking food. Moreover, it is easy to clean up.
Lastly, it has a child safety feature. Do you have kids around? A simply lockout function helps keep the appliance safe from the curious hands of children.
7. BLACK+DECKER EM036AB14 Microwave Oven
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 10" glass turntable
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 17.3" x 13.97" x 10.17"
- One year limited warranty
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, soup, fresh vegetable, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
This professional-style microwave feature was added to this list because it is packed up with all the necessaries you need to get your food entirely ready.
Firstly, if you look closely, the exterior is classic stainless steel with easy open or close rounded door handle for a sophisticated look. A dimensions Lx W x H: 17.3” x 13.97” x 10.17”
Secondly, cook smoothly within minutes at 100 percent power by simply touching the number. Also, you can stop the microwave at any time with the stop button. Reheat or defrost a variety of food, by choose from power level 1-10.
Thirdly, the microwave powers at 700watts with ten power setting, a turntable for even cooking (natural cleaning), clock and kitchen timer, easy-to-read control panel, interior large lED digital display and child safety lock system.
Lastly, BLACK+DECKER EM036AB14 is a big name in the industry, and you will be missing if you don’t have one to call your own.
- Recommended: Best Home Air Purifier Reviews
8. Farberware FMO13AHTPLE 1.3 Cu. Ft. 1100-Watt Microwave Oven
- 1100 watts of cooking power and 10 power levels allow you to adjust the power from 10% to 100%; Multi-stage cooking for custom-cooked meals and snacks
- 1 to 3-minute instant start functions, Add 30 second control and 2 automatic defrost options
- 9 One-Touch cooking programs allow you to heat up everyday items in seconds
- Smart Sensor cooking prepares preset menu items and reheats food with precision
- Energy Saver power mode allows you to conserve energy when the microwave is not in active use
Farberware FMO13AHTPLE is among our best convection microwave oven cause of its 1100Watts large power capacity of cooking. For Farberware, they measure power in watts, and also in variety.
The microwave oven does not only have massive power to take on all kinds of cooking requirements but also, has custom settings for handling challenging food prep.
Also, it presents a ten power level so you can adjust to 10% to 100%, and with multi-stage cooking for custom-cooked snacks and meals. Not alone that, but the technology put into this appliance are innovative and ever-evolving.
Your meal can be ready within 1-3 minutes instant start functions. This product incorporates convection, inverter, air frying options, and accurate sensors to cook food perfectly.
I can say these innovations make the Farberware FMO13AHTPLE capabilities stand out among other competitors. Control as never been a piece of cake. However, you can reheat and cook your meals without guesswork.
Also, you can preset and customize your favorite cook settings, knowing fully well you have a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
9. Frigidaire UMV1422US Microwave Oven NEW RELEASE
- 1000 watts of cooking power and 10 power levels allow you to adjust the power from 10% to 100%; Multi-stage cooking for custom-cooked meals and snacks
- 1 through 6-minute Express Cooking quick start controls and Add 30-Seconds control
- 6 One-Touch cooking functions for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage, or a dinner plate; Memory Function stores and calls up cooking settings instantly
- Defrost by time or weight; Digital control and led display with clock and kitchen timer
- Removable rotating glass turntable; Keypad Lock prevents unsupervised use. 1.1 cubic foot cooking capacity, sized to fit on your kitchen counter
Another exceptional convection microwave oven is the Frigidaire UMV1422US. Although, this product is new on the market, but ready to take the market by storm with its compelling designs/qualities.
However, it is a bit expensive. But, you will enjoy its exceptional features regardless of the price. Besides, what is so unique about the Frigidaire UMV1422US?
The product presents a full-width door that is stylish, high in quality, and functionality. Also, the door maximizes the interior space. The edge-to-edge glass gives a sleek and designer look.
Additionally, you have an extra-large 13- 5/8″ Diameter Glass Turntable Big bowls, which is vast enough to cook evenly and contain any casserole dishes. The interior LED light stays on while it prepares your meal.
The microwave oven has an automatic sensor that automatically adjusts power levels, with time cooking mode that cooks a variety of items effortlessly.
You can as well cook anything with the one-touch buttons or add 30 seconds by simply touching a button. Grab yours while it’s still in stock.
Types of Convection Microwave Oven
There are three types of convection microwave ovens available on the market. Your selection falls under these categories, so pay attention.
1. The freestanding Convection microwave oven
You can install the freestanding convection microwave pretty much anywhere around your kitchen or even your home, provided it lies on a flat surface. Flat surface helps decrease the vibration and noise.
A freestanding convection microwave oven comes with different functionalities and comfort features. Meanly, it supports and speeds up your cooking.
2. Over the range convection microwaves
Although the Over-the-range convection microwaves share similar functions like grilling, defrosting, and convection.
What makes this appliance unique?
It affordable, energy-efficient, and doesn’t take up much space in your kitchen. On the other hand, installation requires a pro.
3. Built-in convection microwaves
Built-in convection microwaves are ideal for futuristic homes. This appliance offers massive capacity and doesn’t require the use of any counter space.
This type of convection oven gives a stylish and attractive look. However, you need a room for this appliance to fit in. You can either place it above your kitchen range or neatly tucked into your cabinetry. Lastly, installation requires a professional.
What to Consider When Buying Convection Microwave Oven
1. Size and Your Family
If a couple or a single person, you need a mid-size or compact oven. While full-size/family microwave is ideal for an average-sized family of four.
However the larger you are in number, the larger the microwave should be. Below are the size ranges of microwaves to consider:
- Full-Size:8-2.0 cubic feet
- Family:4-1.6 cubic feet
- Compact: 5-0.8 cubic feet
- Mid-Size: 9-1.3 cubic feet
2. Cooking Technologies
Do you want to be among the moving train? Then your product must have these cooking technologies listed below:
A Strong Combination of Microwave/Convection Ovens: This combination allows you to perfectly crisp and brown meal, as well as cook it. That is a rare feature you don’t get from the average microwave.
Preprogrammed Cooking: Simple kick-start the oven in one touch. Add the food; the oven tells what you are cooking and hit “start.”
Programmable Cooking: You can completely control the appliance with the help of programmable cook feature. It gives you the room to select various power outputs/timing for absolute control.
Sensor Cooking: This is a smart technology that ensures your meals cooks based on the humidity in the oven. And signals when your meal is ready.
3. Wattage Capacity
If you want a fast cooking appliance, choose a convection microwave oven with a higher wattage. The only secret is, the higher the wattage, the quicker it cooks your meal.
The ideal wattage a microwave oven should have for fast cook falls between 600 to 1200W.
Besides, most recipes have a precise cooking microwave instruction that specifies a power of at least 700Ws, so it cooks evenly. Trust me; you don’t need a model with a wattage capacity -watch out for wattage capacity
4. Display window
Not all models feature a display window, but we highly recommend you opt for one who does. You don’t want your meal to get burnt, simply because you have no visual contact of what is happening inside the oven.
For the best results, choose a microwave oven that has a transparent window. The window allows you to monitor the process as it cooks/reheat your food.
5. Check out consumer reviews
It is crucial to read up consumer ratings before buying any Convention Microwave Oven. Consumer’s reviews help uncover whatever flaws the appliance might have, as you will see the personal experience of other customers who have used it.
Whether you dumped into the best convection microwave ovens with 4+ ratings or not, endeavor to check consumer ratings as well –it’s so important.
How to Use a Convection Microwave Oven
Below is the process of using a convection microwave oven:
1. Read and follow food cooking instructions
By using the convection microwave oven, it is crucial to read the product’s cooking instruction. For some reasons most convenience food might look like a ready-to-eat product, but they are not. You must properly cook them first.
By simply reading the instructions, you then know if it’s ideal to reheat or thoroughly cook the food.
Secondly, it advisable to follow all package instructions for microwaving your meals between cooking the food and eating. These tips ensure the food properly prepared.
On the contrary, skipping this cooking instruction may lead to foodborne illness.
- Read Also: 30 Shelves Design Ideas for Living Room
2. When to Use a microwave or conventional oven
Know when to use a microwave or conventional oven, because some products may appear tempting to cook quickly in a microwave. However, doing so may lead to an unsafe meal.
If you use the microwave oven for evenly cooking, the turntable will cook the food unevenly. So it’s important to use the tool recommended on the package instructions.
The product may call for using a conventional oven, toaster oven or microwave –watch out.
3. Use Food Thermometer for a Safe Internal Temperature
It is advisable that all meals prepared by a convection microwave should reach a certain temperature high enough to eliminate bacteria –for safety purposes.
You should use a food thermometer to test the food severally when microwaving, reheating and other sources.
Here’s a video tutorial on how to use a convection microwave:
FAQs About Microwave Convection Oven
1. Do convection appliances cook faster or slower?
Yes, it cooks faster by blowing heat directly onto the food.
2. Do I need to adjust the temperature during convection cooking?
Yes, for most recipes, you can degrees the temperature by 25 degrees.
3. Does the exterior get hot?
No, because microwave combos are correctly insulated and vented which prevents the outer layer of the appliance getting hot.
- Read Also: Best Coffee Makers Under 100 Dollars