- Why Ventless Portable Air Conditioners?
- Best Ventless Portable Air Conditioner
- 1. Honeywell 500 CFM Indoor Outdoor Portable Evaporative Cooler with Fan & Humidifier
- 2. BLACK + DECKER BPACT08WT Portable Air Conditioner, 8,000 BTU
- 3. NewAir Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Fan & Humidifer, Indoor Tower Fan, EC111W
- 4. Honeywell 470 CFM Indoor Portable Evaporative Cooler with Fan & Humidifier, Carbon Dust Filter & Remote Control
- 5. Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner and Heater, Dehumidifier
Many things can ruin your environment especially when you do not have any means of cooling the atmosphere. If you live in hot climate regions, it can be uncomfortable staying indoor at times. To deal with this situation, many people resort to ventless portable air conditioners.
Air conditioners come in various shapes and types; because of this, it is crucial to know the particular model that suits your environment. However, it is hard finding a perfect air conditioner for your situation.
Before you decide on buying an air conditioner, you must first determine if you are to use it to cool a specific part of the room. If yes, then you don’t have air conditioners that require monthly costs and setup labor. Instead of this, you should consider using a portable air conditioner.
An evaporative conditioner is an air cooling solution that provides flexibility from one place to another. These coolers cut between an electric fan and a full-fledged AC.
Although fan uses moving air to cool and ACs uses compressors, evaporative air conditioners use wind, which is aided by water vapor that absorbs heat within the environment. Water is a good absorber of heat, thereby allowing you to cool your environment at a lower cost.
Why Ventless Portable Air Conditioners?
Ventless air conditioners are distinct in such a way that they don’t require individuals to install a window venting kit. If you want an air conditioner that won’t occupy space, then ventless air conditioners suit that possible.
Additionally, you do not have to break your floor, ceiling, or wall when installing a ventless air conditioner. Nevertheless, it is advisable to install it closer to a window to maximize its performance.
1. It is mobile – Ventless portable air conditioners are mobile, which allows you to move them to the position of your choice without stress. These units come with caster wheels and handle for smooth movement.
2. Easy installation – Unlike window or central air conditioner systems, ventless portable air conditioner doesn’t require a permanent installation.
Additionally, you don’t need any professional to do the installation. Simply position the unit where you want it and attach the exhaust pipe to its unit. It shouldn’t take you 30 minutes to install if you have the essential tools.
3. Low power consumption – One of the things that trigger many to invest in a ventless portable air conditioner is the low power consumption capability.
Unlike the standard air conditioners that have high power rating depending on the hours of operations, ventless portable air conditioners can help you reduce your electricity bill and space. If you want to minimize your electricity consumption as low as possible, then avoid running the unit continuously.
4. Cheap maintenance –Maintaining a cooling system cost more when compared to that of a ventless portable unit. During services, ensure you clean, lubricate moving parts, and replace worn parts. You don’t need to engage a professional especially if you have the necessary tools.
How We Chose The Portable Ventless Air Conditioner Here
1. Portability – the main essence of buying a ventless portable unit is because you can move them whenever you need to. Slim profiles, smooth wheels, and deep handles are a huge bonus when you consider ventless air conditioners.
2. Remote and Programming – Regulating the fan speed and temperature shouldn’t be stressful. It is something you should be doing from wherever you are – bed or the couch. Control panels with uncrowded buttons should perform the magic. Additionally, a remote that enables programming can be an added advantage.
3. Unique Features – Although not necessary but a good pointed for those that want additional features. You do love the features of sleep and energy-saving modes including adjusting the fan automatically to minimize noise levels. Units without these features can be a turn-off for most customers.
Best Ventless Portable Air Conditioner
We have selected four top products that you may find helpful. Feel free to check them out and then go ahead to purchase any of them that meets your expectation.
1. Honeywell 500 CFM Indoor Outdoor Portable Evaporative Cooler with Fan & Humidifier
This system works perfectly well both indoors and outdoors. Most customers call it – two-in-one multipurpose air conditioner. The Honeywell CO25AE is a durable product with material made of steel. Its evaporative and swamp system makes it perfect for cooling homes in dry or hot climates.
For those living around the Midwest region of the United States, this unit isn’t one to hesitate in buying when you consider the remote control. The remote control allows you to optimize its performance. Additionally, to boosts the efficiency of the system, you can personally take the dust filter and wash it occasionally.
Another attractive feature of the Honeywell CO25AE is its water resistant feature, which allows you to use it as a dehumidifier to improve the quality of air in your home.
- Free remote control
- Washable dust filter
- Dehumidifier function
- Water resistant
- Very easy to install
- Works perfectly
- It’s somewhat expensive
2. BLACK + DECKER BPACT08WT Portable Air Conditioner, 8,000 BTU
This ventless portable air conditioner from Black and Decker gives you the “supercooling” effect you want. While the design looks simple, the engineered vertical motion system performs optimally to deliver interesting results.
It comes with a programmable electric system that allows you to configure the time for it to on or off. You can set this at a specific time of the day you desire.
Once you set it up, you can dehumidify or cool your home. Remarkably, it is noiseless, thereby making it suitable cooling equipment for your bedrooms.
- Programmable electric feature
- Four caster wheels
- Cools up to 150 feet
- Comes with LED digital display
- Doesn’t need to have the water emptied so often
- A bit pricey
3. NewAir Portable Evaporative Air Cooler with Fan & Humidifer, Indoor Tower Fan, EC111W
This unit also performs optimally as the ones mentioned so far.
Nevertheless, if you want an air conditioner unit that won’t occupy much space, then you will enjoy his one. Its portable and compact design makes it the best space-efficient ventless portable air conditioner for your home. It consumes low power and cools up to 100 square feet.
This evaporative cooler comes with three fan speeds with two operational modes to suit your needs. It comes with a remote control that allows you to put off the airflow when it reaches the preferred temperature. It doesn’t matter the speed, you won’t hear any noise but enjoy the quiet air cooling your room.
- Portable design
- Best for hot & dry climates
- Some users complain of fan not working
4. Honeywell 470 CFM Indoor Portable Evaporative Cooler with Fan & Humidifier, Carbon Dust Filter & Remote Control
The Honeywell 470 CFM Indoor portable Evaporative cooler comes with a fan and a humidifier. It is one of the best ventless air conditioners if you are facing a hard time keeping up with cooling your living room or bedroom.
It comes with a cooling system of 470 CFM, which span over 100 square feet powerfully. Unlike the units mentioned above, Honeywell CL201AE comes with an activated carbon filter, which allows it to trap allergens and dust.
More importantly, it is portable, durable, and comes with customizable design. Finally, you do not have to spend additional money on the installation because it is effortless to install.
- Programmable system
- Powerful (470 CFM)
- Power efficient (250W)
- Evaporative air cooler
- Activated carbon filter
- Available in a customizable design
- Very durable and portable
- Easy to install
- Unreliable water meter
- Hard to find replacement parts
5. Whynter ARC-14SH 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner and Heater, Dehumidifier
Finally on our list is the self-sufficient standalone air conditioner that has 14,000BTU. The Whynter ARC-14SH has the capacity of cooling up to 500 square feet during hot summer months.
You can both dehumidify air and heat without the installation of any ducts. Although it doesn’t come with a remote, the onboard controls are well designed.
You can move from one mode to another effortlessly. Additionally, the thermostatic temperature control helps in boosting this air conditioner efficiency. If you want a portable air unit to improve your health by removing dust, then the Whynter ARC-14SH is one to consider.
- Thermostatic temperature control
- Powerful 14,000BTU system
- Heater and dehumidifier functions
- Multifunctional unit
- Does the job well
- Activated carbon filter
- A few users complained about the unit malfunctioning
- A bit expensive
While air conditioners come in various sizes, designs, and types, a ventless portable air conditioner gives you more than you bargain especially when you want an air conditioner unit in a room.
Each unit comes with a fan that blows air effectively as it evaporates moisture to provide a comfortable cold air. Because it doesn’t have a refrigeration process, you won’t need an exhaust air. Hence, you don’t require a vent.
More importantly, using a portable ventless air conditioner doesn’t only cool your room but comes with a thermostat, which you can change. You can control the air temperature through a single degree increment, and the unit will dehumidify the air. Through this process, one can clear impurities from the room.